Author Topic: Success stories!  (Read 113459 times)

ben

Re: Success stories!
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2011, 06:45:16 PM »
Hi, this app is wonderfully effective, combined with photorec files ..
By the way, is there a way to make this app recursive in folders ? thx

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2011, 07:26:29 PM »
A recursive folder search will be added on a next version.

Thanks,
Bye!

charles(yh)

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2011, 03:23:59 AM »
Good tools,good man!

Erik Siers

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2013, 02:19:01 AM »
I can't believe it's been 2 years since the release of 2.11. Imagine... 2 years without a bug. Take that, Microsoft! :)

pdupreez

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2018, 09:28:26 PM »
This program doesn't get the credit it deserves. It is THE tool I have been looking for such a long time. I have over about 30 years of my computer hobby life collected upward of 100TB of data, a large portion of which is music, photos etc. The music I collected in the old days from copying of CD's, Vinyl etc before CDDB, Shazam, MusicBrainz, AccousticID and all the other great tools that exist today was duplicated, moved, renamed and mangled any which way, with my many unsuccessful attempts to get control over the 300000 music files I know have, with probably 90% of them duplicates. I would rename the files to another extension, like .old, .old(2) etc (I don't even remember today what the workflow was when I did it), but there are more than 123 000 such files. Duplicate file cleaners have also progressed to the point where you can almost trust the outcome, and I needed a tool to rename the files to their old extension so that I can identify type of media file (mp3, wav, wma, flac etc) as some are more preferable than others.

For years I could not find any tool out there until I recently came across TrID. I do not know how I have never come across this tool before. With your Powershell Script I can traverse my music folders and rename those extension in 1,2,3 (weeks, unfortunately).

What does TrID do when it renames (-ce option) to a file that already exist in the same folder?

Thanks again, this tool should be advertised/made visible more

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »
Thanks for the kind words!

What does TrID do when it renames (-ce option) to a file that already exist in the same folder?

The new file name is "uniquifed", adding a progressive number to the name, like in:

Code: [Select]
picture.jpg       picture.jpg
picture.dat  -->  picture (2).jpg
picture.chk       picture (3).jpg
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 01:45:55 PM by Mark0 »

pdupreez

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2018, 01:08:26 PM »
Excellent, thank you