Author Topic: Success stories!  (Read 113160 times)

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Success stories!
« on: October 10, 2006, 01:12:17 AM »
Found TrID useful? It helped you open a file, recover a photo, etc.?
Feel free to post here! :)

Thanks,
Bye!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 12:28:08 AM by Mark0 »

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: Success stories!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:13:49 AM »
A couple of quotes from the old forum:

Quote from: Dinoguy1000
Hasn't helped me like that yet, but it might! W00T! :D

Quote from: Bubba X
I'm impressed.  I had a Windows user who had received a file via email that neither of us could identify.  I went online looking for a file type identifier.  My only other qualifier was that it was free.

Your product came up on the first page of my search and I ran the online version on one of my files.  Viola!  It turns out the sender had MacBin'ed (Macintosh compression) their file before they sent it out - and I highly doubt that I would have found that out if I hadn't found TriD.

Needless to say, this is going into my "toolbox" of useful software.

Thanks for putting this out there for us!

Bubba
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 01:58:22 AM by Mark0 »

m^2

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2006, 11:43:17 PM »
I identified many files with weird extensions as dlls or executables, all they were plugins or internal files of some programs.
Thanks, Marco.

Lutz

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2007, 01:26:22 AM »
hey
After marks help, TrID is know running and does a succesfull job!!!
Greetingz
Ma

smne

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 01:55:55 AM »
oh my god, it saved my life. I HATE JUMPERS ON HDD, thats all. I thought that I'm just so good in all of this computer stuff, and anything can surprise me.
I was trying to make a clean disk image, so i've connected an 'home' hdd to my comp, just after 10 minutes of fight with jumpers. everything was ok until the winxp checkdisk. Jumpers were in wrong positions, so my comp detected the 40 gig hdd as 32 gig, so checkdisk was so confused when met files on area, where should be end of disk. Unfortunately, my last partition was the most important drive for me, full of documents and stuff like pictures, movies. After the scan it was just a pile of FILE000X.CHK files (to be more exact it was a 2'000-piece pile...)
Without Trid i would have to determine all filetypes manually, it would take years I suppose. This program is brilliant, and extremally useful. I couldn't find any similar prog, so trid is for me now the one and only!

BIG BIG thanks. I hate jumpers anyway. Now going back to sorting files ;)

Stefan

« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2007, 04:03:49 PM »
This program is incredible useful and the best part of it is that you can use it on linux :)
Just something that I noticed; since linux is case-sensitive on filenames, triddefs.trd can't be found unless you rename it after you have downloaded it, either it should look for "TrIDDefs.TRD" or the download should already have it in lowercase.
Thanks!

Woody

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 10:36:17 PM »
Marco,

Seu programa ? maravilhoso e muito ?til! Parab?ns! Continue com o ?timo trabalho!

Woody,
Rio de Janeiro - Brasil

Jon

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 09:43:36 PM »
TrID is compiled from WIN and AWESOME.

Unfortunately, the file that originally prompted me to download TrID ended up actually being corrupt, but this little tool has gone into my permanent repertoire of useful tools that I can't live without.

If I wasn't a poor (as in cashless, not as in un-l33t) support tech, I'd donate. Good job man.

Jon