Author Topic: BitMapRip Overwrites It's Own Files  (Read 17727 times)

cleancl

BitMapRip Overwrites It's Own Files
« on: March 25, 2009, 02:55:49 AM »
Hello,

I must say this is a fantastic application that works wonders.  My problem though is that I am extracting from a .dat file that is almost 1GB.  It appears that once your tool reaches 10,000 extractions, it begins from the beginning and starts overwriting the first extracted images.  I'm not sure if this makes sense.   :-\  Is there any way around this?  This particular .dat file has been difficult to me, and I would split it up but fear that would damage it.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: BitMapRip Overwrites It's Own Files
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 03:03:27 AM »
Hi!

Your explanation is surely clear. I definitely didn't think about this eventuality, so it will be surely fixed in a next version.
For the moment, I think you should try splitting the file (after making a copy, to be sure), like you said, and then process each fragment separately. If you happen to get only a piece of some bitmaps that where just in the mid of a split position, you can then subsequently try with a different number of parts / different size.
For splitting the file, you can check this article: Technobuzz.net - 8 ways to Split Large Files

Hope this helps,
Bye!

cleancl

Re: BitMapRip Overwrites It's Own Files
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 05:48:51 AM »
Thank you for the quick reply.

File Splitter by JoneSoft (free!) split the file perfectly without any corruption.  This was actually a smooth process, I can't believe I blew a whole night trying to split this file.  I guess that's what happens when you work all day, and keep working when you get home.  Lesson learned, ask on the forums before you go crazy.   ;)

Thanks again!