Author Topic: Suspect Private Message  (Read 18576 times)

JimPivonka

Suspect Private Message
« on: January 30, 2010, 05:18:27 PM »
I recieved the dollowing PM today, it appears to be to a  sight which MAY (I don't know for sure.) host falase security SW
Hello, friend. There are viruses' activities from your computer in last few days. Strongly recommend you to check your computer. You can find a report about your computer's security and solve every problem with it here: http://www.check-pc.net/detected/JimPivonka
Thank you. Forum member.

If anyone else has received such a message, then the site should be checked to see of it is hosting malware, and it should be determined is this message is a forbidden advertising or trolling activity.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 01:46:58 AM by Mark0 »

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: Suspect Private Message from Mark0's support board -
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2010, 05:23:22 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. As with any forum, there are periodically lots of "professional spammers" or bots trying to registering to post spam, either in the forum or via PVT. Most doesn't even pass the registration phase, some get deleted shortly after, but a small percentage slip in.

The user in question has just been deleted.

Thanks,
Bye!

Zebbie

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 05:32:04 PM »
I also got the message. The site he linked to seems to be malicious. Do not download anything from it.

Dinoguy1000

• Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth... in disguise
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 10:09:19 PM »
I received the same PM, and actually PMmed Mark0 about it before I saw this thread. As I said in the PM to him, I'd recommend sending out an email to all forum members warning them about the PM (it's really confusing talking about a PM that was talked about in another PM :) ).
December 21, 2012

milan.dindos

Re: Suspect Private Message
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2010, 12:45:44 PM »
Got the same message too.

Seems to me like someone created an account (u=370)
to gain access to PM`s, (...sent some spam`s) and deleted the account.

simply a M*****F****R

Dinoguy1000

• Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth... in disguise
Re: Suspect Private Message
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 03:24:00 AM »
Not quite, there's no way for you to delete your own account. =) Mark0 stated that he deleted the account, but wasn't fast enough to prevent the spam PM.
December 21, 2012