Author Topic: BitmapRip Question  (Read 43742 times)

gino2004

BitmapRip Question
« on: November 08, 2006, 07:37:43 AM »
Before I ask, I gotta say great little program!  I have been trying to extract .jpg's out of the .itc files I have.  However, therein lies the problem.  I have a LOT of .itc files and entering each one into the command line is pretty arduous and tiring.  I was wondering if there was a way in which you could convert a folder's files into .jpg's with just one line, instead of typing a line for each file.  I'm not too knowledgable about coding and such, so I was wondering if I was missing something.  Thank you again!

;D

- Gino

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: BitmapRip Question
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 08:30:30 AM »
You can use the standard FOR command, in this way (but & paste directly on the Command Prompt):

Code: [Select]
c:\mybitmaps> for %1 in (*.jpg) do bitmaprip %1

Hope this helps,
Bye!

gino2004

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 09:06:22 AM »
Thanks for the quick response, but I'm a little confused.  Should I change it so it's C:\mybitmaps>_ and then paste the code you entered?  I'm not too sure where everything should be going.  I have the BitMapRip.exe in my C: as well as the folder labeled "Download" which has all the .itc files in it.  When I execute it, all I get is a "for" file. 

Nevermind, I figured it out.  I guess I had to change "*.jpg" to "*.itc".  It works like a charm!  What a great program!  I'm gonna donate a little tomorrow or sometime this week.

Thanks again for the help!

;D ;D
« Last Edit: November 08, 2006, 09:16:15 AM by gino2004 »

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2006, 10:54:17 AM »
Whoops, it was only an example by I should have used the *.itc extension, right; it was a bit misleading on my part, sorry. Nice to see you sorted it out and the method worked for you.

Bye!

Stu

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 02:37:20 AM »
Following on from this... I don't know if you are familiar with iTunes but it keeps it's downloaded artwork (the .itc files) in a folder structure that can get to be very deep, e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Album Artwork\Download\59D420BA5E648031\14\06\04. The last three folders are all different depending on the number of album covers downloaded and contain just one single .itc file that is an album cover.

What would be good is to have bitmaprip recursively search through all the folders under "iTunes\Album Artwork" and rip each single .itc to a single specified external folder, such as "C:\Ripped Artwork".

Again, having limited programming knowledge, I'm hoping that this can be achieved with a simple script or .bat file.

Great App, wish I could program!

Cheers Stu.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2007, 01:08:22 PM »
Hi!

At the moment adding multi-file scanning support for BitmapRip isn't planned. I think that eventually I'll concentrate on provide better scanning / extraction from a single file. Off course there's place for other tools / script to use it to work against a number of files, with various criteria.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bye!

tan

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 03:26:55 AM »
Hi,

I managed to recover the picture files from my SD card, but when I tried to open them, they are all so small; the recovered file size is above 1.5mb.

Thanks.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 02:46:09 AM »
It's normal for the filesize to be greater that the "strictly needed", because BitmapRip doesn't attempt at all to "clean" them. Simply opening the extracted bitmaps with any viewer / editor (even the simple Paint application that come with Windows) usually is enough to adjust the size to the correct value.

If for "small", you mean that probably only the thumbnails got extracted, that's an issue that may happen with the current release of my tool. I'm going for a totally different and much improved scanning algorithm for a next version.

About this, since I'm in need of files in witch this issue manifest itself, I'll be glad to do some testing with your file (if it contains "sharable" / non sensitive images, off course).

Thanks,
Bye!