Author Topic: BitmapRip Question  (Read 43646 times)

tan

Re: BitmapRip Question
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2007, 10:17:31 AM »
You're right, only thumbnail sized files extracted.  I am more than happy to let you test the files.  How can I send them to you?

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2007, 07:37:36 PM »
Just send me a mail with the file attached. See the Contacts page.

Thanks,
Bye!

Johnxxx

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2007, 11:01:47 PM »
Following on from this... I don't know if you are familiar with iTunes but it keeps it's downloaded artwork (the .itc files) in a folder structure that can get to be very deep, e.g. C:\Documents and Settings\User\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\Album Artwork\Download\59D420BA5E648031\14\06\04. The last three folders are all different depending on the number of album covers downloaded and contain just one single .itc file that is an album cover.

What would be good is to have bitmaprip recursively search through all the folders under "iTunes\Album Artwork" and rip each single .itc to a single specified external folder, such as "C:\Ripped Artwork".

Again, having limited programming knowledge, I'm hoping that this can be achieved with a simple script or .bat file.

Great App, wish I could program!

Cheers Stu.

Don't know if you are still looking for an answer to this, but if you use the For command with a /R and the root drive it will search and change all of the sub-directories also.  ie C:>for /R c:\  %1 in (*.itc) do bitmaprip %1 
You could then do a copy command to move the files into the single folders. 

jwjames83

« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 11:53:01 PM »
First, allow me to say that this program is great! It's a doozy and a life saver. However, sometimes the files / images extracted are corrupt. In one particular case, nearly all were unusable. Could you please help me out, or at least explain why? Attached is how most (if not all) of one project turned out.

Thanks for the help in advance!

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2007, 01:49:38 AM »
I'm terribly sorry jwjames83, but I had totally missed your post, until now! Apologies!
What you see is usually the result of some random blocks of data that happens to start with the same bytes as as one of the supported bitmap formats.
BitmapRip currently don't do (near) any attempt to filter out bad results with specific format structure analysys, for example.

Bye!

Tantrix

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2007, 12:31:52 PM »
Hello,also got a Question:

I used a bin file from an old PSX game in order to rip image files (Sprites,tiles) out.
It seemed to work:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/Tantrix187/Melzas-entrance-0182.png

I was able to extreact 72 files out as jpeg:
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/Tantrix187/Melzas-entrance-0183.png
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/Tantrix187/Melzas-entrance-0186.png

But there is the catch now:
I can't open the jpeg files now.
They always say :,,The file format you attempted to upload is not supported'' and stuff...

errrm,the question is:
What is wron with the jpeg files?

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2007, 01:51:48 PM »
Not much to say, unfortunately. Probably the tools is mis-identifying that blocks of data, and not saving them correctly. I have some differents searching algorithms in the works for a next version of BitmapRip, that may solve similar issues in the future.
Off course, as you'll need the data much sooner, you probably better search & try also with some other similar utilities.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bye!