Author Topic: Thank you for TrID!  (Read 10690 times)

Fractalogic

Thank you for TrID!
« on: April 24, 2016, 10:50:14 PM »
Hello Marco!

First of all I want to thank you for approving my account registration! I had registered for this account 4 years ago! :D But it never got approved. So I did a new registration yesterday and it got approved. I could not believe it... :o

I am not entirely sure why I wanted to register in the first place. Maybe I wanted to post a question, I'm not sure. That question is long forgotten now for sure. I only have a vague memory of dealing with some kind of file type and I used TrID to help me identify the type. I think I may have had some kind of feedback I wanted to share with you on how to improve the program, perhaps even offer a sample or a file type definition for your program. It is coming back to me as I'm typing this...

I know for sure that part of the reason I wanted to register was to give you a big thank you! Probably because your program helped me retrieve some data. So I have waited 4 years to say this...

Thank You!!!

I know your program has helped me more than once in the past. Me and lost file name extensions go way back! :D But most often, my files would have an unknown file name extension. This is true for most Windows users, I think. Well... in the "smart" and "cloud" computing era people hardly know what a "desktop" or a "mouse" is. So no worries there, these folks only know how to use what you throw at them... not that anyone should be throwing mice and desktops at users... except for tech support guys who have had enough of human stupidity.

So thanks again, mark-0! (Cool nickname!) Keep up the good work! Know that your work makes a difference! (At least for those of us who still know what a "mouse" is.)
All the best!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 08:22:54 PM by Fractalogic »

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: Thank you for TrID!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 02:51:05 AM »
Sorry for the big delay! Can't actually give a reason for that, other than the waves of fake accounts that periodically try to sneaks in, which complicates the job. Better late than never! :D

Thanks for the kind words!

Fractalogic

Re: Thank you for TrID!
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 04:52:23 PM »
My thought exactly! Better late than never! ;) But I can understand your situation. You seem to be running a one man's show here, so that's kind of tough. I understand why you would want to approve each account registration.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2016, 06:53:20 PM by Fractalogic »