Author Topic: Unknown "OmCv -OmGW" image format (in SpongeBob PC Games)  (Read 17262 times)

KingYoshi

Unknown "OmCv -OmGW" image format (in SpongeBob PC Games)
« on: August 09, 2017, 01:14:02 PM »
There's this unknown image file type, which can be found in *.OMT files (a sort of archive format, also known as *.OMF2). *.OMT files are used to store models, musics or images in "AWE Games" PC videogames, such as SpongeBob SquarePants: Employee of the Month, SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom and Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius.

In both SpongeBob Games "Employee of the Month" and "Battle for Bikini Bottom (PC)" *.OMT files hold 3D Models (in root\Models) or WAV files (in root\Music and root\Sounds).

However, *.OMT files can also be found in root\Sceneart. This is the kind of *.OMT files QuickBMS can extract and they probably contain image files. In these SpongeBob PC Games, most "art" like backgrounds are 2D. 3D Models are actually only used for the characters and enemies. [CaveJumper.png and The Bus Stop.png]

However, the extracted files have no extentions so I do not know how to open them. Online file identifier TrID also won't recognise the file format. When opened in a Hex Editor, the first line says "OmCv -OmGW" but that doesn't make clear anything to me.

I was hoping you guys could help me with this, 'cause I'd really like to be able to rip and open image files from these SpongeBob PC Games. :)

I attached world01.omt from "Battle for Bikini Bottom" and a screenshot of the Worldmap of that game. The images shown on the Worldmap likely are stored in that *.OMT file.

--------------------

--------------------

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:01:35 PM by KingYoshi »

KingYoshi

Re: Unknown "OmCv -OmGW" image format (in SpongeBob PC Games)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 01:01:57 PM »
Updated first post.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: Unknown "OmCv -OmGW" image format (in SpongeBob PC Games)
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2018, 03:49:42 PM »
Hi!

Thanks for the detailed info.
Unfortunately I don't have anything useful to add about this file format.