Author Topic: [TBClamWin] The Bat ClamWin plugin  (Read 91498 times)

Nick222

[TBClamWin] The Bat ClamWin plugin
« on: October 10, 2006, 05:49:21 AM »
Will be any new version The Bat ClamWin plugin?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 02:13:23 AM by Mark0 »

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: The Bat ClamWin plugin
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2006, 01:40:23 PM »
Sure. I hope to realease an updated version soon. The major difference is that it will be able to load the settings from an .INI file, to simplify things when used on a portable configuration.

Bye!

Nick222

Re: [TBClamWin] The Bat ClamWin plugin
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 01:23:33 PM »
Thank You for hew version ClamWin plugin! :)

But:
- On plugin`s page I read "TBClamWin will check the registry to find where ClamWin and his virus definitions DB are installed" - but in registry I see only path "C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin" - other path-s are in "C:\ Program Files \ ClamWin \ bin \ ClamWin.conf";
- When plugin works - it make in TMP many folders "clamav-..." with files "main.cvd" and so on - is it normal?
- The Bat say "Message cannot be check for viruses" - are it meaning, that plugin don`t work normal?

What it is and how I can make this plugin to good work?

May be it must be placed in ClamWin folder?

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 01:16:54 PM »
Thank You for hew version ClamWin plugin! :)
Thanks!

- On plugin`s page I read "TBClamWin will check the registry to find where ClamWin and his virus definitions DB are installed" - but in registry I see only path "C:\Program Files\ClamWin\bin" - other path-s are in "C:\ Program Files \ ClamWin \ bin \ ClamWin.conf";
Yes, it will start from the ClamWin path, and then parse the configuration file to gather any other needed info.

- When plugin works - it make in TMP many folders "clamav-..." with files "main.cvd" and so on - is it normal?
Uhm... Nice question. I don't really know, never checked. I suppose that it's TheBat! that create those temprary files when processing the message / calling the defined AV plugin.

- The Bat say "Message cannot be check for viruses" - are it meaning, that plugin don`t work normal?
I'm afraid yes. Strange.
You may try to put the TBClamWin.bav file in the ApplicationData\TheBat! folder, under the My Documents structure.

Thanks for the feedback,
Bye!

Nick222

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 11:33:23 AM »
You may try to put the TBClamWin.bav file in the ApplicationData\TheBat! folder, under the My Documents structure.

I attempt to put TBClamWin.bav file in ClamWin base folder, ClamWin folder, The Bat folder, Mail/Plugins folder - not working...

May be it because there is non-Latin symbols or spaces in path to TBClamWin.bav file?

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 12:42:47 PM »
May be it because there is non-Latin symbols or spaces in path to TBClamWin.bav file?
Uhm... That maybe the reason, in facts. I'll try to do some testing about this and report back.
In the mean time, maybe you can try to put the file in a "simple" path like \c\tbclamwin, just to check.

Thanks,
Bye!

Nick222

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 01:41:28 PM »
For example:
C:\Download\TBClam\TBClamWin.bav
not working...

May be it is because non-Latin symbols are in path to Mail folder (to accounts folders)?
And non-Latin symbols are in accounts name?
For example:
C:\Docs\2)Кабинет и организация работы\Mail\Яндекс\Inbox\MESSAGES.TBB

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 01:45:56 PM »
Yes, that's probably the reason. Will check!

Thanks,
Bye!