Poll

how I can add TrIDLib.dll to a project  vb6/vb.net? Can I add?

yes
0 (0%)
no
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Add TrIDLib.dll to a project vb6/vb.net? Can I add?  (Read 10847 times)

FullstepJB

Add TrIDLib.dll to a project vb6/vb.net? Can I add?
« on: November 30, 2012, 09:21:01 AM »
Hello.
Summarizing: how I can add TrIDLib.dll to a project  vb6/vb.net? Can I add?

Let me explain:
I downloaded the TrIDLib.dll and wanted to add it to a mine small project with vb language. For reference it in vb6 I try to register and for vb.net I try to directly add it as a reference. In both cases has not left me.

When trying to register it (regsvr32 "xx \ TrIDLib.dll"):
The module ?xx\ TrIDLib.dll? was loaded but the entry-point DllRegisterServer was not found.
Make sure that ?xx\TrIDLib.dll? is a valid DLL or OCX file and then try again.

I open a VB.NET project and try to add as reference (I want a com class to put in vb6 project):
A reference to ?xx\ TrIDLib.dll? could not be added. Please make sure that the file is accessible, and that is a valid assembly or COM component.

The example that I download for vb6 only runs if I put the trd + dll in the same folder as the executable. Elsewhere (including windows/system32) tells me not find the dll and fails. The example in vb.net I could not run, put where you put the dll fails, can not find it.

If I transform the example in vb6 to a ActiveX dll project and add the newly created dll as reference for my little project vb6, all works while I have activex dll project running, at the moment I have only the small project running stops finding TrIDLib.dll.

Moreover, thanks, great job, your program is the only one I've tried free that has always successful with the type of file though I renamed the extension. With it is impossible that someone could upload the file types that I do not want to hold, I use vb6 because I know how to communicate classic asp pages with vb6 and I have not raised when passing in asp.net.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: Add TrIDLib.dll to a project vb6/vb.net? Can I add?
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2012, 02:33:58 AM »
Hi!

There's no need to register the library. It's a standard Win32 DLL, so it just need to be "found"/accessible. The standard Windows search path apply: directory where the module is loaded (may be tricky when the program is run from IDE, maybe), current directory (idem), Windows system dir, Windows dir, any other path indicated in the LIBPATH.