Author Topic: -ce "Change extension" doesn't notify if can't accomplish  (Read 1425 times)

handvprice

-ce "Change extension" doesn't notify if can't accomplish
« on: July 22, 2021, 04:21:34 PM »
Bug: With the -ce switch ("change extension"), if a file already exists with the target name and extension, it still indicates "file renamed" in the command window, even though it hasn't made any change. So it leaves files with incorrect extensions in place. Is there another switch to deal with this case?

My current workaround is to -ae "add extension" to all the files, then clean up all the duplicated extensions, and appropriately fix the ones that were wrong.

(I'm actually usually using trid from a button within Directory Opus file manager, which works great, and really just opens a command window and passes all the highlighted files sequentially without reloading trid into memory for each file separately. But the problem exists even in a usual command prompt window anyway.)

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
Re: -ce "Change extension" doesn't notify if can't accomplish
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2021, 08:42:16 PM »
Hi!

Just did some tests, and I'm not seeing this. If a file already exist with the "new" name.ext, the new name is changed in name (1).ext, and so on.
This is with version 2.24/Win.

handvprice

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2021, 10:37:32 PM »
You're so right, behavior is good now. (I was using 2.20). TY.

Fantastic program, and integration with Directory Opus is wonderful.

Mark0

• Administrator
    • Mark0's Home Page
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2021, 12:48:49 AM »
OK! Thanks for the feedback!